home — about — terms of service — commissions — contact — links
terms of service.
- the client must be 18 years or older to place an order.
- use of the artist’s work for the purpose of profit (i.e. selling merchandise) is prohibited unless otherwise discussed & agreed upon beforehand.
- the client is not permitted to claim any of the artist’s work as their own.
- the client is not permitted to edit any of the artist’s work unless otherwise stated. if edits are desired, please contact the artist.
- please send clear reference images. this helps greatly with the artistic process, and the artist may refuse potential orders without any.
- if the client does not have clear reference images, a character creation fee will be added on top of the commission’s final price. the artist will require an in-depth written description of said character.
- when it comes to original characters, all art used as reference material for the client’s commission must belong to the client. the artist will not accept an image of a random character that the client had found through google image search as reference. there are a few exceptions to this rule — such instances including wanting the their character’s hairstyle similar to another’s, an outfit, a pose, etc.
- the client is commissioning me for the artist’s artistic abilities and limitations. the artist will not accept commissions that would require them to draw in another independent artist’s style. if the client desires a certain artist’s style, the artist insist that they support that artist by saving up and commissioning them instead.
— pricing, payment, & refunds.
- all prices listed are in usd.
- the artist require payment up front before they start on any commissions, and work through invoices. the client will not be placed in the queue until their invoice has cleared.
- the artist does not accept any form of cryptocurrency.
- displayed prices are a base starting cost. if the client’s commission contains complex designs, patterns, markings, or backgrounds, the final price will be higher.
- prices are subject to change without notice at any given time. if a price change happens after the client has already paid for their commission, the price will not affect their order. if the client choose to add on to their order, said addition will reflect the new price.
- the client must provide a clear idea of their commission in order to receive a proper quote.
- commissions must be paid in full before for the client’s piece will be started. payment plans are available for commissions totaling over $175.
- if the client cancels the commission during the sketch stage, a 75% refund will be issued.
- if the client cancels the commission during the lineart stage, a 50% refund will be issued.
- if the client cancels the commission during or after the colouring stage has been started, a 25% refund will be issued.
- if the client cancels the commission after the piece has been completed, no refund will be issued.
- if the client is offered a refund due to complications and declines, the client forfeits all future opportunities to request one.
— patreon & tier rewards.
- patrons are responsible for claiming their monthly rewards, and must be claimed via direct message each month. rewards left unclaimed will not roll over or be stockpiled; the only case in which this is untrue is if the delay is a fault of the artist’s.
- patreon tier discounts do not apply to store merchandise or ych pieces, unless otherwise specified.
— edits, additions, & changes.
- work-in-progress sketches will be provided to the client before moving forward in order to allow room for any edits necessary. if the client would like further work-in-progress stages, please inform the artist ahead of time, and they will be more than happy to accommodate.
- major edits will only be made in the sketch stage. major edits include complete re-positioning of the character(s), adding clothing when none were previously discussed, and so forth. additional fees will be applicable if the sketch needs to be completely scrapped and re-done, with very few exceptions.
- the client will be offered three (3) major edits to the sketch. after the third major edit, that will reflect the outcome of the client’s commission’s final image. further major edits will cost extra, unless it is due to an oversight of the artist’s.
- only very minor edits will be allowed during the lineart and colouring stages. these types of changes include colour adjustment, small detail additions, and so forth. any edits beyond that will cost extra, unless it is due to an oversight of the artist’s.
- if the client requests an edit for a commission previously completed in the past, the artist will likely be more than happy to do so for a small fee. however, please be aware that the artist may no longer have raw files of commissions over 5 years old.
— client rights.
- the client is permitted to upload their commissioned artwork to their own social media/galleries/etc. uploaded commissions must be a watermarked version, and proper credit must be given in doing so.
- the client is permitted to use their commissioned artwork as icons/banners/etc. proper credit must be given in doing so.
- the client is not permitted to alter their commissioned artwork, unless otherwise agreed upon prior.
- The client is not permitted to use their commissioned artwork for commercial purposes, unless otherwise agreed upon prior.
— content restrictions.
- commission requests featuring offensive, hurtful, or disgusting topics (hate speech, pedophilia, incest, etc) will be declined without hesitation nor explanation as to why, and the client blocked from future communication attempts.
— contact & communication.
- the artist only offer quotes and inquiries during the weekdays. the client is more than free to contact the artist during the weekend, so long as the client is aware that they may very well not receive a reply until the following monday at the earliest.
- if the client is to see the artist active on any platform during a time that they am not responding to commission inquiries — such as days off or after-hours — please do not try to nudge the artist through said platforms. doing such will result in a warning. continuing to contact the artist after the first two warnings will result in a permanent block from future communication attempts.
- while the artist does try to work on a first-come first-served basis, smaller and quick to finish commissions may be bumped to the top of the queue for convenience.
- he artist reserves the right to cancel any commission at any given time if the client proves to be continually rude, toxic, demanding, etc. the client will not be refunded in this case, and will be blocked from future communication attempts.
- if the client ceases communication with the artist without any good reason for any extreme amount of time — from several months to years between responses on your end — the client’s commission may be subject to cancellation without refund.
- the artist reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
the clients must read, understand, and agree to all of the above terms. upon sending payment, the client agrees to all above listed terms.
terms listed are subject to change at any time.
breaching these terms may result in being blacklisted from future commissions & communication.
© 2006 – 2022 sanctimonious art